JustRight Surgical, a company out of Boulder, Colorado, won FDA 510(k) clearance from the FDA for its JustRight 5mm surgical stapler, making it the smallest classic stapler on the market. Developed for pediatric surgeries, it can also be practical in adult surgeries when a small instrument can provide improved access while maintaining visibility.
Here’s a feature list from the product page:
- 9 times smaller than existing stapling instruments
- Security of the gold standard “B” staple formation
- Flexibility in stapler placement with 5 mm shaft diameter
- Smooth and efficient stapling and cutting in one motion
- Optimal jaw length for maneuverability into small spaces
- Easy repositioning with 360 degree jaw rotation
- Developed and manufactured in the U.S.